Terms & Conditions
- Prices shown include VAT. VAT will be charged at the rate applying at the time of delivery
- Rates of tax and duties on the goods will be those applying at the time of delivery
- At any time before delivery we may adjust the price to reflect any increase in our costs of supplying the goods.
- All deliveries are shipped within 4 working days, subject to stock availability, dependent upon the level of service selected & once all monies due have been received & cleared.
- We may decline to deliver if; We believe it would be unsafe, unlawful or unreasonably difficult to do so; or the premises (or the access to them) are unsuitable for our vehicle.
- Products must be checked and signed for at the time of delivery. Any damages must be reported to the driver at the time of delivery, who will photograph the damage and report it back to ourselves. We will not be held responsible for damages not reported at time of delivery.
- Shipping in mainland UK will be via DX or our own Vehicles depending on the delivery address. We aim to provide a fair service & give the customer a choice so if you have any queries with regards shipping and handling or would like to combine multiple purchases please contact us & we will be happy to help minimise these costs.
- Unfortunately, we cannot specify a delivery time for your order. Deliveries going on our own transport will take place from 7am in the morning through to 6pm at night, Monday to Friday. DX deliveries will be between 7.30am in the morning until 6pm at night.
- Please note a signature will be required for all deliveries therefore you should be available to take receipt of your item for any delivery attempt. Please ensure the delivery address is accessible. We will not be able to deliver goods via stairs or lifts. We strongly advise that contractors are not engaged until delivery has been made, as we will not be responsible for costs incurred for contractors when delivery has not arrived.
- To avoid any unnecessary charges please make sure you are available to take delivery of your item at the delivery address which you specified when placing the order. You may specify a neighbour to take in your item but a signature will still be required. If the Delivery attempt is unsuccessful, the goods will be taken back to the depot until we are able to contact you with a revised date.
- While delays and missing items are unusual, when they do occur adequate time must be allowed for the delivery company to deliver or find missing items. Therefore, up to 7 working days are given before any replacement can be sent.
- On receipt of your order we will email you with your delivery date. Should this date be unsuitable, please reply to the email stating the date you would prefer. Deliveries are Monday – Friday only. (emails may take 24hrs)
- Weekends and Bank Holidays are not working days. Occasionally deliveries will be via carrier service therefore there will be delays, we will not be held responsible for these delays. Delivery charges are not refundable. We are unable to give times for delivery.
- All deliveries are subject to stock availability at time of order.
- Office hours are 8.30am - 4.00pm Monday to Friday
- Deliveries can be made throughout the United Kingdom. Some restrictions apply. For other areas please contact us.
- Cost of delivery is determined by weight and location, this will be calculated and shown at the checkout.
Returns and Refunds
- To return items you will be required to arrange and pay for the return within 7 working days of receiving the goods
- Products returned undamaged and in the original condition and packaging will be refunded within 30 days of receipt of the returned product. Please contact us prior to the return. Refund of delivery cost will only be where the item is faulty. We will not take responsibility for damage or loss of the goods whilst the products are being returned to us.
- You can contact us at email@example.com
Cancelling your order
- In the event you wish to cancel your order you can do so by telephoning us on 0800 048 0786. If the goods have been dispatched delivery cost will not be refunded and the returns procedure will apply.
- The goods are at your risk from the time of delivery (at your premises or address specified by you)
- You must inspect the good on delivery. If any goods are damaged or not delivered, you must write to us within five days of delivery or the expected delivery times. You must give us (and any carrier) a fair chance to inspect the damage goods.
- We give no other warranty (and exclude any warranty, terms or conditions that would otherwise be implied) as to the quality of the goods or their fitness for any purpose.
- If you beleive that we have delivered good that are defective in materials or workmanship, you must;
- Inform us (in writing), with full details, within 5 days.
- Allow us to investigate (we may ned access to your premises and product samples)
- If the goods are found to be defective in material or workmanship (following our investigations), and you have complied with our conditions in full, we will (at our opinion) repair the goods, replace the goods or refund the price.
- We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from the contract or the supply of goods or their use, even if we are negigent, inluding (examples only):
- Direct finacial loss, loss of profits or loss of use or loss of goodwill and indirect or consequential loss
- Our total liability to you (from one single cause) for damage to property caused by our negligence is limited to £5,000,000
- For all other liabilities not referred to elsewhere in these terms our liability is limited in damages to the price of the goods.
- Nothing in these terms affects or limits our liability for death or or personal injury resulting from our negligence
- Nothing in these terms affects or limits our liability for fraudulant misrepresentation.
- If we prepare goods in accordance with your specification or instructions you must ensure that:
- the specification or instructions are accurate;
- goods prepared in accordance with those specifications or instructions will be fit for the purpose for which you intended to use them; and
- your specification or instructions will not result in the infringment of any intellectual property rights of a third party, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation.
- We reserve the right;
- to make any changes in the specification of our goods that are necessary to ensure they conform to any applicable safety or statutory requirements; and
- to make without notice any minor modifications in our specifications we think necessary or desirable.
6. Export terms
- The 'Incoterms' of the International Chamber of Commerce which are in force at the time when the contract is made apply to exports, but these terms prevail to the extent that there are any inconsistency.
- unless otherwise agreed, the goods are supplied ex works our place of manufacture
- Where the goods are to be sent by us to you by a route including sea transport we are under no obligation to give notice under section 32(3)of the sale of goods Act 1979.
- You are responsible for arranging testing and inspection of the goods at our premises before shipment. (unless otherwise agreed) We are not liable for any defect in the goods which would be apparent on inspection unless a claim is made before shipment. We are not liable for any damage during transit.
- We are not liable for death or personal injury arising from the use of the goods delivered in the territory of another state.
7. Waiver and variations
- No failure of delay by us in enforcing any of our rights shall consitute a waiver of any of our rights. No waiver shall be effective unless in writing signed by us.
- No variation of these terms is binding unless:
- made (or recorded) in writing;
- signed on behalf of each party, specifically, a director of our company; and
- expressly stating an intention to vary these terms.
- All order that you place with us will be on these terms (or any that we may issue to replace them) By placing an order with us, you are expressly waiving any terms you may have to the extent that they are inconsistent with out terms.
8. Force Majeure
- if we are unable to perform our obligations to you (or able to perform them only at reasonable cost) because of circumstances beyond our control, we may cancel or suspend any of our obligations to you, without liability.
- Examples of these circumstances include act of God, accident, explosion, war, terrorism, fire,flood,delays, strikes and other industrial disputes and difficulty in obtaining supply.
- English law is applicable to any contract made under these terms. The English courts have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
- If you are more than one person, each of you has joint and several obligations under these terms.
- If any of these terms are unenforceable as drafted:
- it will not affect the enforceability of any other of these terms; and
- if it would be enforceable if amended, it will be treated as so amended.
- We may treat you as insolvent if:
- you are unable to pay your debts as they fall due; or
- you (or any item of your property) become the subject of:
- any formal insolvency procedure (examples of which include receivership, liquidation, administration, voluntary arrangements (including a moratorium) or bankruptcy);
- any application or proposal for any formal insolvency procedure; or
- any application, procedure or proposal overseas with similar effect or purpose.
- All brochures, catalogues and other promotional materials are to be treated as illustrative only. Their contents form no part of any contract between us and
- you should not rely on them in entering into any contract with us.
- Any notice by either of us which is to be served under these terms may be served by leaving it at or by delivering it to (by first class post or by fax) the
- other’s registered office or principal place of business. All such notices must be signed.
- No contract will create any right enforceable (by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999) by any person not identified as the buyer or seller.
- The only statements upon which you may rely in making the contract with us, are those made in writing by someone who is our authorised representative and either:
- contained in our estimate (or any covering letter) and not withdrawn before the contract is made; or
- which expressly state that you may rely on them when entering into the contract.
- No reliance shall be place on any statement made by us or any of our representatives as to storage, application or use of the goods unless subsequently confirmed by us in writing.
- Please note that we may transfer personal information about you to those we may appoint to administer your account or recover amounts owing. That may include, for example, passing information about you to our insurers, debt recovery agents and solicitors, if you fail to pay us.
- You may not assign your rights.
10. Price Match Guarantee
- We don’t like to have overly complicated terms and conditions. We just need to ensure the price match is given to a comparative product. If you’d like to match the price for your skirting board, architraves, door linings or window sills, simply call us on 0800 048 0786 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Price Match must be a like-for-like in quality and finish. All of our products are high quality moisture resistant MDF manufactured in the UK. We are incredibly proud of this quality and offer free samples to your door if you’d like to ‘try before you buy’.
- The Price Match must take delivery into account. The prices compared will be the full cost of the product and its delivery to you.
- All of our prices include VAT and the product you’d like to Price Match should also.
2017 Copyright The Skirting Board Shop. All rights reserved