Should we require or ask you to provide information, by which you could be identified when using this website, be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The following statement details what information we collect from you, how we use this information, whom we share this information with and how you can manage the information we hold.
The Skirting Board Shop reserve the right to update this policy by updating this page. Please ensure you check this page to ensure you are aware of any changes and how they may affect you.
This policy is effective from 1st November 2023.
What personal information do we collect?
The Skirting Board Shop only collects data which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for. Some of the information collected does not identify you personally, but provides us with useful information as to how you use our services and engage with us on the website, when calling us or visiting our premises.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Full name (including title)
- Company name (where applicable)
- Address(es) (including billing and delivery address)
- Telephone number(s)
- Email addresses
- Purchases and orders
- Source and industry data
- Voice recordings of calls made to our offices
- Any correspondence sent to you by us / sent to us by you
- Your feedback and survey responses
- Any publicly available personal data
- Your marketing and communication preferences
Our website is not intended for use by minors.
How do we use this information?
The Skirting Board Shop will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected.
Legal basis for processing personal data.
Contractual: We may use and process your information where it is necessary to do so in order to process orders and payments or to provide you with a refund.
Legitimate interest: We may use your personal information where it is our legitimate interest as a business to do so.
This may include but is not limited to:
- Verifying your identity
- To provide customer support and to respond to and communicate with you
- To contact you if we need to obtain additional information in relation to your order or query
- To check that our records are correct
- To request feedback on our goods and services
- For marketing activities (other than when we rely on your consent), such as marketing permissions captured during the course of a sale and personalising marketing messages through social media and other third party platforms
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked for us not to contact you for marketing purposes), we will keep a record of this on our suppression list in order to comply with your request
- To send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts
- To let you interact with us through our social media channels
- To show you relevant advertisements by using information collected from your devices, if you have provided your consent for such collection, including your searches, location, ads that you have seen and personal information that you have provided to us.
Legal Obligation: The Skirting Board Shop may be obliged to disclose you personal information to meet any legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law.
- To verify your identity when you contact us
- To verify the accuracy of the information we hold about you
- To assist HMRC and/or the Police and/or other regulatory bodies in relation to any investigation by a public authority
- To complete any requests you make regarding your data
- For financial administration
Consent: For marketing purposes where consent has been given:
- We use email and text messages to communicate with you about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions and special events
- To personalise your experience on our Online service. This could include (but not limited to) providing you with interesting, relevant content or making navigation on our website easier.
- To enter you in competitions
- To record if you have any additional needs when communicating with us
- To participate in customer research activities carried out by The Skirting Board shop via email or telephone call
Email Marketing: You will not be added to our email marketing list unless you give the Skirting Board Shop explicit consent. This could be signing up online or requesting to be added via a face to face meeting with a The Skirting Board Shop employee, phone call or email.
We will only collect your name and email address for email marketing purposes. This data will be used solely by The Skirting Board Shop to keep you up to date with special offers, new products, case studies, feedback and product/installation information/advice. We will never send unsolicited ‘junk’ emails or share your information with anyone who might.
The customer data you submit when you sign up to our email marketing list is stored with Constant Contact, our email marketing provider. Constant Contact gather statistics around email open rates and clicks as well as other metrics to help us monitor and improve our marketing communications.
You can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all marketing emails. You can also make an unsubscribe request by phoning or emailing one of our team.
Third Party Suppliers
The Skirting Board Shop will not sell your information to third parties, however we may disclose your information to companies who handle services on our behalf, such as Royal Mail and Courier services.
In all cases, we will only disclose the personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on your behalf. The Skirting Board Shop will take steps to ensure that third party suppliers handle your data in line with data protection legislation.
Our delivery partners may contact you directly to provide periodic updates on your delivery.
Social media, blogs & reviews
Any comments, reviews or other online posts about The Skirting Board Shop, our products and services will be shared with other members of the public. In any event, any comments or reviews a user makes should not be offensive or defamatory, any such posts will be reported to the platform.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
We will keep any personal information you have provided to us, for as long as you are a customer. If records show that you have not made a purchase or engaged with us for 3 years or more, we will remove you from our marketing mailing lists.
If you are no longer a customer of The Skirting Board Shop, we will keep your information for up to 5 years after the last time you made a purchase or interacted with us.
The Skirting Board Shop will not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is required.
How we protect your data
The Skirting Board Shop is committed to keeping all personal data safe and secure. We regularly review our processes to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction.
We do not hold any financial details such as card details or bank account details.
Access to information held about you: You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you (sometimes referred to as a ‘Data Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you, we will provide it free of charge. Before providing information we may request proof of identity and information about your interactions with us. We will respond to any such request and provide the information within 30 days.
Rectify information held about you: If any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, you may request that we update it.
To stop/limit our usage of personal data: You can request that we restrict the use of your personal data if it is inaccurate or you wish for us to cease communicating with you.
Erasure: You can request that we erase any information we hold about you, at any time.
Any requests for the above should be sent to: [email protected]
Or by post:
The Skirting Board Shop, 35 Chancery Gate Business Centre, Soapstone Way, Irlam, Manchester, M44 6RA
It is company policy that any information requests pertaining to the above will be held on file for 12 months. These details will be stored electronically in a secure location.
Links to other websites and social plugins
Our site uses social media plugins (buttons), if you do not wish for a social media platform to combine the information from your website visit with information they hold on you, we recommend logging out of your social media accounts before activating these buttons.
API’s and other technologies
If you have any further questions as to how The Skirting Board Shop uses your personal data, please contact us:
Email: [email protected]
Post: The Skirting Board Shop, 35 Chancery Gate Business Centre, Soapstone Way, Irlam, Manchester, M44 6RA
If you are unhappy with the communication from The Skirting Board Shop, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found on the website: www.ico.org.uk